An enhanced formulation that uses a balance of molybdenum disulfide and surface modified synthetic graphite in a corrosion resistant calcium sulfonate complex base combined to provide protection for a wide variety of applications over a wide temperature range.
550 EXTREME is the ideal product for petrochemical plant maintenance needs. Its composition offers maximum protection against seizure and heat freeze. 550 EXTREME eases assembling and dismantling saving man hours. It assures protection against rust, oxidation, and corrosion. It will not harden, evaporate, or settle out; and it requires no thinning.
550 EXTREME utilizes a complex base grease that is fortified with effective rust and corrosion inhibitors and provides inherent anti-wear properties. Each principal anti-seize, low friction ingredient provides important properties and characteristics to 550 EXTREME.
As an added benefit, when compared to anti-seize compounds containing greater than 40% molybdenum disulfide the coefficient friction of 550 EXTREME is less sensitive to temperature. High molybdenum products can have substantial friction function drops when hot torqueing bolts are between 250°- 400°F.
- No VOC's
- When used in tandem with graphite stem packings improves conformance to API 622 Low “E” criteria
- Rust & corrosion inhibitors
- Not affected by contraction, expansion or vibration
- Base Materials
- Calcium Sulfonate / Petroleum
- Friction /
- (Nut-Factor) Uncoated B7 Studs @ 80 ksi - 0.17
- (Nut-Factor) Uncoated B8M & Stainless Studs - 0.20
- Raytheon Specification - M8656839 Type III
- Service Rating
- Select Applications/Services: 2400°F (1316°C)
- Brushable to or as a lubricant: -10°F (-23°C)
- Static Applications: -265°F (-165°C)** ( **Based on component literature data in cryogenic applications.)